Friday, August 15, 2008

Can a wrong be a right?

Today I want to write to you all and not really post of news but to leave my post up as an open discussion. Meaning that I want reader participation and have you leave feed back on your opinion of the matter that is to be discussed. With that I will now be on with my post.

If sometimes doing something that you know to be right turns out to actually be wrong, can doing something wrong actually turn out to be right? Lately I had someone tell me that I had a very combative personality (thier translation was that it meant that I have a very intimidating presence), so I'm not sure if I just have a skewed perspective on things or if that person was just full of crap. I'm of course going to think that he was just full of crap. All of this spawned from a conversation with a Special Forces guy who instanly started to sway away from conversation because he thought that I was looking for a fight when all I was doing was obliging him in conversation. That's a story for another day though. After that is when one of my team mates told me that I have a "combative" personality.

Now before I actually get to the question I need to first set it up with a scenario. A man (we'll call him mister combat) walks into a public shower and witnesses a larger man (we'll just call him larger man) shaving the back of his neck and his chest with some hair trimmers. Now, Mr. Combat initially thinks to himself, "good, he's just trying to have good hygine." After that though is when Mr. Combat sees it. Larger man has apparantly never seen what protrudes from his butt crack and over his shorts because I think that he would probably pay more attention to that than his neck and chest if he had. After seeing the amount of hair that was escaping from Larger man's shorts Mr. Combat was fairly positive that Larger man has probably lost things such as keys, wallets and girls phone numbers in there. And that's when it happens. Mr. Combat asks himslef, "self, is it more rude to tell Larger man that he should probably trim his butt crack too, or to just let him go running around completely unaware of the situation and continue to lose more keys, wallets and what I'm sure is to be hard earned phone numbers?" I made my choice and I am now living with it. My question to you though is what would you do? Would you let Larger man continue to go through his hot days in Afghanistan with a super sweaty butt crack and having him go through pair after pair of underwear because of all of the sweat? Take some time and ask yourself and than get back to me. Maybe by than I'll be able to find something worth Blogging about. Thanks and in the most non-intimidating way please have a great day.

5 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

What? No comment...LOL! Well entertaining story silly hubby. I will let others voice their opinions, you know mine! Love you!

Missy said...

Ok first of all that gave me a good mental picture and laugh for the day. And second of all if Mr. Shaver is that aware of his neck and chest then I am positive he knows what his butt crack looks like. My vote, let him pretend it is not a scary mess back there.

Drew Turk said...

I agree with missy, but on the other hand, if you are tactless, I can see how others would see that as 'combative'. Do what Rob would have: "Have you ever thought of trimming the butt? Let me just tell IT IS AMAZING. It is so much easier to wipe. I would recommend it to anyone." It is true, I would concur with that as well.

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I agree with me Turo. You have to say it in a way that is tactful. My best friend has a personality that just doesn't know how to be tactful and she would have blown it. I don't think pointing something out like that would be 'picking a fight', you just have to do it the right way.

Broadheads said...

ha no use in beating around the bush...just let him know his hairiness just needs to be taken care of. Not combative its the truth I see your point makes sence to tell it how it is. Now if I am on the other side of this position I might not want to see it as the truth and would feel upset that I couldnt control my hairiness.